I am by no means a storyteller or a person trying to write an autobiography. I am sharing my story to support a project I am working on which I am planning to launch on a Kickstarter. I believe the project has a potential to be a success taking me one step closer to my goal. I also believe my story can be of help to those who dare to follow their dreams no matter what and be interesting to those who would like to share this journey with me as it will be unfolding in front of their eyes....

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Life in Australia, part I


I was very impressed with Sydney and what it had to offer, so impressed that I had spent most of the money given to me for two months in mere three weeks. I didn't have an excuse for it so in my fifth week in Sydney I was washing pans and learning how to make pizza in Pizza Hut store at Bondi Beach. It was my first job in Australia.

A year and a half after my arrival to Sydney my fathers business started to struggle. His unwillingness to play dirty games government officials wanted him to be part of resulted in a fight for survival. I was told that sending me money was no longer an option and I would have to provide for myself if I choose to stay. He would still cover university fees but that would be it. I said alright, lets try it this way.

I’ve changed a few jobs during my student years. After Pizza Hut I worked at Woolworths as a cashier operator. I stayed there until I heard the news from my dad. After that I needed more hours and a higher rate so I started working as a casual function water, a bit later I combined it with a bar back job in a cocktail bar. I was also enrolled with a few talent and promotional agencies so I got jobs from them too from time to time. At one point I went to New Zealand for 3 weeks to sell oil paintings. We travelled from town to town doing door to door sales. My last job while at uni was a sales assistant at Sunglass Hut.

      
A function waiter at a Government House

W Bar

At Sunglass Hut with Nadine and Sergei(The best team)

I was lucky to meet people who were there for me in difficult situations, people who with years became my second family. My favorite saying to this day: FRIENDS ARE THE FAMILY WE CHOOSE OURSELVES.

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment